WE CARE ABOUT YOU!
To describe the current times in which we are living as a crisis is a massive understatement. The COVID-19 pandemic has certainly disrupted our lives. This is the most dramatic period of uncertainty and chaos most Americans have experienced in their lifetimes. Suffering the awful devastation of war or losing a close loved one may represent worse experiences for some us. But most Americans alive today have not experienced firsthand the awful devastation of war. However, this country was and continues to be built on the backs of the average working American and the current economic crisis places the well-being of working Americans in mortal danger.
But there is nothing like a crisis to bring out the best in American values. Our business is dedicated to the well-being of our employees, as well as the well-being of our community. We take our civic responsibility seriously. Our priority is protecting our employees, families and community from the immediate threat of the virus. We are doing everything within our power to help control the spread of the coronavirus causing COVID-19. But as we fight to contain the virus, we are also preparing for when America gets back to business. Everyday life will undoubtedly change until we develop a vaccine for COVID-19 and begin to develop herd immunity.
Viable Businesses are Vital
Having a strong and viable business community is vital to the well-being of the average working American, and therefore, America. Businesses everywhere must take steps to ensure the health and safety of their employees and to protect the viability and well-being of their businesses, as well. All employers need to consider how best to decrease the spread of COVID-19 and lower the impact in their workplace. This includes activities focused on the following areas:
- Reduce transmission among employees,
- Maintain healthy business operations, and
- Ensure a healthy work environment.
One of the most effective means to promote awareness is through visual communications. These are usually in the form of indoor signs placed in common areas of your workplace. They are constant reminders of the responsibility we all have to protect each other and the simple steps we can all take to accomplish this objective each and every day. Some of those steps include:
- Promote frequent and thorough hand washing by providing workers, customers, and worksite visitors with a place to wash their hands.
- Encourage workers to stay home if they are sick.
- Encourage respiratory etiquette, including covering coughs and sneezes.
- Provide customers and the public with tissues and trash receptacles.
- Implement practices such as telecommuting, flexible work hours or staggered shifts when necessary or as advised by government or health officials.
- Discourage workers from using other workers’ phones, desks, offices, or other work tools and equipment, when possible.
- Maintain regular housekeeping practices, including routine cleaning and disinfecting of surfaces, equipment, and other elements of the work environment.
The Centers for Disease Control has excellent resources for businesses and employers, to include a publication titled Guidance on Preparing Workplaces for COVID-19.
COVID-19 Workplace Awareness
As we prepare the community to get back to business, we are committed to supporting our vital business community in Northern Virginia and the DC metro area to ensure our collective economic viability to provide for the well-being of America. Until further notice, Legendary Custom Signs & Graphics will provide posters for COVID-19 workplace health and safety awareness at cost. Any business in our service area is eligible for this program.
Legendary Custom Signs proudly serves businesses in our local Manassas community but we also serve all of Prince William, Fairfax, Loudon, Fauquier, and Arlington counties, along with the rest of the United States. And we can help you, too!
Complete the Request a Consultation form at the top of this page or call 571-512-SIGN (7446) for a free consultation with a member of our team. Until then, stay safe and we look forward to working with you.